Home Australia 12 photos to inspire you to visit Australia

12 photos to inspire you to visit Australia

by Kat

You’ve probably already got a variety of visuals when someone mentions Australia… but it’s not all about the beaches and the Opera House (although those are some very good draws that it would be amiss not to mention!)  In fact one of the reasons I loved exploring the country so much was it’s vast and varied landscapes and so I’ve divided some of the panoramic photos from the last year into four categories demonstrating just some of the different sides I discovered.

If you’re not quite sold on Australia yet read on… I promise there’s something here for you.

BRIGHT LIGHTS AND CITYSCAPES

12 photos to inspire you to visit Australia | Kat is Travelling12 photos to inspire you to visit Australia | Kat is Travelling12 photos to inspire you to visit Australia | Kat is Travelling

Top to bottom: Melbourne VIC, Sydney NSW, Perth WA

Whether it’s the harbour of Sydney or the Yarra running through Melbourne, Australia’s cities rock that combination of water and killer skylines.  They’re also studded with icons.  Check out the classic Harbour Bridge and Opera House in Sydney, Flinders Street Station, Princes Bridge and the spiral of the Arts Centre in Melbourne and the new Spanda sculpture and Elizabeth Quay Bridge built as part of Perth’s Elizabeth Quay development.

Where to capture the most beautiful photos of Perth

TAKE ME TO THE BEACH

Top to bottom: Mission Beach, Airlie Beach, Whitehaven Beach QLD

You don’t have to go far for a beautiful beach in Aus but the East Coast has arguably some of the best including Whitehaven.  Regularly voted the most beautiful beach in the world it’s unique sand and water patterns change every day throughout the day meaning no two people will ever see it the same way.  Plus the sand is actually mostly silica, meaning you can wash your hair, exfoliate your skin and even brush your teeth with it!

Why you need to visit the Whitsundays once in your lifetime

CLIMB EVERY MOUNTAIN

Top to bottom: The Grampians VIC, Cradle Mountain TAS, Blue Mountains NSW

Although these days its neighbour New Zealand is probably more well-known for it’s beautiful mountainous landscapes, Australia’s ability to provide awe from above shouldn’t be underestimated.  In fact if you’re looking for hiking opportunities you need look no further than Tasmania where as soon as you get above ground level you’ll be rewarded with stunning views in every direction.

How to climb Cradle Mountain and why it’s worth it

DUSTY ROADS

12 photos to inspire you to visit Australia | Kat is Travelling 12 photos to inspire you to visit Australia | Kat is Travelling 12 photos to inspire you to visit Australia | Kat is Travelling
Top to bottom: Alice Springs, Uluru NT, Kalbarri National Park WA

The red earth is a quintessential signifier of Australia despite the fact that you won’t see it unless you venture into the remotest parts of the country… namely the West, North and Red Centre.  These areas are often dry and barren and the landscape is immediately noticeably different from along the coast with mostly shrubbery instead of trees allowing you to see for much further into the distance.

What’s your favourite part of Australia’s landscape?  Let me know in the comments below!

If you're not hankering to visit Australia yet, chances are you just haven't realised what a vast and varied landscape is awaiting you. Here are 12 photos that will inspire you to add it to your travel bucketlist...

You may also like

20 comments

Jess 20/10/2016 - 10:55

I’m going to have to stop looking at your blog, it gives me serious green eyes, I miss Australia so much!

Jess
alrightblondie.com

Kat 20/10/2016 - 17:43

Oh I know the feeling – I’ve been back about a month (just a bit behind with blogging!) and adjusting to the 9 to 5 and living at home again is tough. Any travel plans on the horizon??

youngandundecided 04/11/2016 - 21:24

The Dusty Roads! Definitely! When I think of Australia I think of the red sand and I just can’t wait to be there! Hopefully moving there in August 2017!

Kat 05/11/2016 - 00:32

So exciting! Fingers crossed you get to go. I’m sure you’ll love it – amazing country!

Juliette | Snorkels to Snow 05/11/2016 - 02:32

Awesome photos! I love Flinders Street Station, such a cool piece of architecture! Australia has some great views, especially of the beaches and around Queensland.

Kat 05/11/2016 - 14:17

Thanks so much! I also LOVE Flinders – so iconic.

Courtney Minor 05/11/2016 - 04:56

I wasn’t so set on visiting Australia after I leave New Zealand, but recently I’ve started to change my mind. I know I want to see Melbourne & Tasmania. These photos have given me a few more ideas for an Australian stopover. #FlyAwayFriday

Kat 05/11/2016 - 14:20

Melbourne and Tassie are two of my favourite spots. I think you’d get the best of both parts of Australia in those two destinations – Melbourne you have the city but it’s also full of personality and great culture – amazing food, music, art etc. – with a more laid-back vibe than Sydney, which is much more touristy. Tasmania is rough and wild and has the most amazing National Parks to explore including mountains to climb and hikes to go on. It’s largely unspoilt and unexplored compared to the rest of Australia, although it’s popularity is on the rise! Let me know if you ever end up planning a trip and I can give you some tips 🙂

atlifestylecrossroads 05/11/2016 - 15:13

Wow! Australia really has it all: cityscapes, paradise beaches, mountains… great post! Would love to visit this country one day! #FlyAwayFriday

Kat 06/11/2016 - 17:41

Thank you! Hope you get to go one day – it really does have a bit of everything so suits all types of travellers.

Ruth 05/11/2016 - 16:16

Awesome! Australia has it all! I will like to experience every one of these landscapes. I am not even going to try to select a favorite ;0) #FlyAwayFriday

Kat 06/11/2016 - 18:12

Haha it’s too hard to pick a favourite isn’t it? They’re all so different and equally stunning.

wellcaffeinatedtraveller 05/11/2016 - 17:29

Beautiful photography! That image of Whitehaven beach makes me want to hop on a plane right now! #FlyAwayFriday

Kat 06/11/2016 - 18:13

Thanks! Whitehaven is really out of this world… the photos don’t even do it justice!

ttbchloe 16/11/2016 - 17:45

Aww I want to go to Australia so bad, we’re going to try to make it work over xmas/nye 17-18 even though that’s the most expensive, it works with our schedule. So excited for it!!

Kat 17/11/2016 - 19:38

Hope you do get to go – it’s an amazing country! Christmas / NYE on the beach was a new one for me!

Kana 16/11/2016 - 18:34

Ahhh, I’m going to Australia next year and this is SUPER helpful! The photos are making me so excited!! Thanks for joining Fly Away Friday, see you again this week! xo

Kat 17/11/2016 - 19:42

Thanks! Have an amazing time in Australia – I’m pretty jealous! Such a great country.

Megan | Red Around The World 13/01/2017 - 04:21

I love these photos! I’m hoping to spend next year in Australia and this makes me want to even more!

Kat 13/01/2017 - 18:18

Thanks so much Megan. Australia is beautiful, I’m sure you’ll love it! If you need any tips at all just give me a shout 🙂